* said for 8-10 servings, I halved everything listed here and it was perfect for 2 people*
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup apple cider (or unsweetened apple juice)
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
3 medium honeycrisp apples (I used Gala, still delicious)
juice of 1/3 lemon
12oz salad greens (whatever you like)
1 cup pecans halves, toasted (put in oven on baking sheet for 5 minutes at 350F)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
4oz crumbled goat cheese
1. To prepare apple cider vinaigrette, measure oil, apple cider vinegar, apple cider, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper in bowl. Mix well.
2. Place apple slices in large plastic baggie and squeeze the fresh lemon juice (from the lemon half) over them. Close bag and shake to coat. In large salad bowl, layer salad greens, apple slices, pecans, dried cranberries and goat cheese. Just before serving, dress with the vinaigrette or serve on the side.
SO GOOD. Maybe I’ll eat more salads if they all taste like this.
Found on pinterest at:
6 cups of fresh baby spinach
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 avocado diced
4oz crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
**1/2 a small red onion, thinly sliced if desired. I eliminated this**
Poppyseed dressing (below)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey **out of honey so I used agave nectar**
1 tbsp poppyseeds
Pinch of ground dry mustard
Salt and pepper as desired
Who knew salads could be this good?! Thanks to big sis Veronica for this one. Not sure where she found it, but it’s a keeper!
1 15oz can of chickpeas drained & rinsed
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 tbsp dill pickle, chopped
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp red onion (I omitted in my version)
1/2 tsp mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
fresh or dried dill to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 325F and toast the sunflower seeds for ten minutes.
2. Mix everything I’m a bowl, season to taste.
3. Serve by itself or mash the chickpeas and put in a wrap.
Big thanks to my friend Ashley who passed this recipe along. I slightly altered the recipe found at:
Which states they found it from the cook book “Oh she glows”.
2 15oz cans of artichokes, drained, chopped
2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, toss together the artichokes, tomatoes and olives.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together tbsp gets, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper. Pour over artichokes, tomatoes and olives and allow to marinate in fridge for two hours (or you can eat it right away and it’s still delicious). Top with remaining 2 tbsp feta before serving.
Wish I could remember where I found this unique recipe at. Unfortunately I can’t find it anywhere…but thanks to whoever came up with this! My sister put me in charge of bringing the salad to a family dinner, and this was a big hit!
- 1 pkg cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large cucumber (I’m not a huge fan of cucumber, so I usually put half of one)
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pit removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place tortellini in large bowl, add the solid ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing, pour over salad and stir until it’s coated. Refrigerate.
Mmmmm this is a taste one! Found it at……