1 1/4 cup brown rice
1/4 cup unsalted almond butter
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 inch piece of ginger, grated or finely minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp asian chili sauce (I used Sriracha)
1 tsp honey
3 cups shredded red cabbage
1 large carrot, shredded
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 lb shrimp, shells & tails removed
1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 lime, sliced into wedges
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. To make sauce: place almond butter in small bowl and whisk in coconut milk, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili sauce, and honey until smooth. Stir in additional coconut milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
3. In large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot and green onion.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 mins on each side or until pink.
5. Divide rice among serving bowls and top with vegetables, pineapple, shrimp and nut butter sauce. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Such a weird combo of ingredients yet it all comes together into something so tasty!!
Found this gem at: