– 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
– 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
– 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs
– 1/2 cup corn kernels
– 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1 large egg, beaten
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 4 whole grain buns
– 1/2 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
1. Rinse quinoa and cook as directed on package.
2. Place quinoa, carrot, bread crumbs, corn, parsley, pepper and egg in food processor and process until mixed but chunky.
3. Spoon mixture into bowl and use hands to form four 1-inch thick patties. Place on plate and cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. Heat oil in skillet, cook each patty, 10 mins per side.
5. Serve on whole grain bun with lettuce and top with salsa (see recipe below)
Roasted Cherry Tomato Salsa:
– 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
– 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Spread tomatoes on cookie sheet and drizzle with oil. Bake for 15 mins.
3. Transfer tomatoes to bowl and mix in remaining ingredients. Chill before serving.
This ones takes a bit of effort, but worth it. Delicious and healthy!