1 cup uncooked basmati rice (rinsed)
2 tbsp butter
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp red curry paste
2 12oz cans unsweetened coconut milk
4 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook rice according to package instructions, set aside.
2. Melt butter in large stockpot over medium heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink. About 2-3mins; set aside.
3. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. About 3-4mins. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 min.
4. Whisk in curry paste until well combined, about 1 min. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated. About 1-2min.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. About 8-10mins.
6. Stir in rice, shrimp, lime juice and cilantro.
This recipe is a little out of the norm of what I make but it was worth it to step outside the box. Delicious!