1lb chicken, raw, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 bell peppers- long slices
1 sweet onion- long slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup salsa (and extra for topping)
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (divided into 3/4cup portions)
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil on each side of spaghetti squash haves, with seeds removed. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each one and rub over surface.
3. Place squash halves on aluminum foil lined baking sheets inside half facing down. Bake for 50 mins. Prick the outside of squash skin a few times with fork.
4. Combine all seasonings together in small bowl. Toss to mix.
5. Add in 3 tbsp olive oil and lime juice and stir until combined.
6. Place cubed chicken in Ziploc bag and add marinade. Toss to coat. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
7. When spaghetti squash has about 25mins left of cooking, bring skillet with 2-3 tbsp oil to medium heat. Add in sliced peppers, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute for 16-18 mins, stir constantly.
8. When spaghetti squash has about 15mins left to cook, bring another skillet to medium heat and add chicken. Cook for 10 mins or until chicken cooked thoroughly.
9. When chicken and veggies are cooked combine in the larger skillet with salsa and 3/4 cup cheese mix.
10. When squash is done baking, remove from the oven, place half fajita chicken mixture into each half.
11. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 425 for 5 mins.