2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1″ cubes
1 large onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 cup water
1/4 cup flour
1. Place meat in crockpot and cover with sliced onion.
2. Combine garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika and mustard. Stir in water, mix well and pour over meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Turn control to high.
5. Dissolve flour in a small amount of cold water and stir into meat mixture. Cook on high for 10-15 mins or until slightly thickened.
6. Serve over rice or noodles
Not sure how authentically “Hungarian” this recipe is (my husband chuckled at the name). But that’s what it was called on Pinterest so I’m sticking with it. 🙂