1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
1 10oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups chicken stock
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 onion diced
1 green pepper, diced
3 celery ribs, chopped
garlic cloves (as desired)
3 tsp parsley flakes
2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
hot sauce (as desired)
1 cup rice
1 lb shrimp (deveined and already prepared)
green onion for garnish
1. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot along with sausage and diced vegetables.
2. Combine tomatoes, broth, tomato paste and seasonings in a small mixing bowl, then add to crock pot.
3. Set cook timer 4-6hours on high. (I’ve tried both, doesn’t matter which one)
4. Once crockpot is finished, use forks and shred the chicken in the pot and adjust the flavouring with desired hot sauce.
5. Cook rice separately, then fold rice into the crock pot mixture with the shrimp.
6. Top with green onion. Serve warm.
LOVE THIS. Found it at…