2 large eggs
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Gala apple, peeled, cored, and diced
1/2 cup cooked quinoa **1/2 cup rinsed quinoa boiled in 1 cup water**
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Spray liners with cooking spray.
2. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Whisk in maple syrup, oil, and vanilla extract, then stir in apple and cooked quinoa.
3. Combine flour, sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Whisk until combined.
4. Make a well in flour mixture, and pour in half of apple mixture. Stir to combine. Add remaining apple mixture, and stir until batter is smooth.
5. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre of muffin in centre of pan comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
** Tip: Keep a piece of bread in the closed contained that you keep the muffins in. Not sure how it works, but it keeps them extra moist! **
Found this recipe in an issue of Vegetarian Times Magazine! Love it!