2 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash (save yourself the hassle and buy the pre-cut kind)
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
sprinkle of ground nutmeg
11oz (311g) soft goat cheese at room temp
3 tbsp freshly chopped herbs: parsley, oregano, basil, etc. (I just used parsley because it’s all I had.)
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Toss the squash cubes with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread out on baking sheet and bake for 15mins. Toss. Bake for 15mins more (or until tender when pierced with fork.) Turn down oven to 35oF.
3. Add the squash (and any oil drippings) to a food processor, along with the nutmeg and goat cheese. Blend until smooth. Taste and determine if more salt/pepper needed.
4. Transfer puree to an oven-safe dish. Bake dip for 20-25mins, stirring halfway through. Top with drizzle of oil and fresh herbs.
5. Serve warm with pitas or veggies.
Oh. My. Gosh. This dip is phenomenal. Gotta love Pinterest.
Here’s the website: