1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Large onion
2 Large celery stalks, diced
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tsp smoked paprika
2 Bay Leaves
1 14oz Can of diced tomatoes
1 Cup dried lentils
4 3/4 cup veggie broth
3 cups water
1 14oz Can of black beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook. Stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften. 6-7 mins.
2. Add garlic, smoked paprika, and bay leaves. Saute for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes with juices, lentils, 3 cups of veggie broth and 3 cups water. Increase heat to med-high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook, stirring occasionally until lentils are tender. 25-35mins.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 mins. Remove and discard the bay leaves. Transfer half the lentil mixture, half of black beans and 3/4 cup veggie broth to food processor. Pulse until combined. (Chunky texture)
5. Pour blended mixture back into the lentils in saucepan along with remaining 1 cup veggie broth and remaining black beans.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
MMMMmmm. Love this one. And super healthy.
Found this gem at…