1 1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well rinsed and patted dry with paper towel
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup & 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt if peanut butter doesn’t have salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips in food processor and process until very smooth.
2. Put in chocolate chips, pulse once or twice (or stir)
3. With wet hands, form into balls, place on cookie sheet with parchment paper and press down. They won’t rise much.
4. Bake for approx. 10 mins. They will be very soft when you take them out of the oven.
* Don’t use regular peanut butter (it’s too oily). Must use a natural nut butter. I substituted it for natural cashew butter from bulk barn.
**I also substituted the honey for agave nectar. Apparently maple syrup works well too.
I know the thought of chickpeas and chocolate chips sounds ridiculous. But somehow this works. Try it and be amazed.
Thanks to my friend Ashley for hooking me up with this recipe. She found it it at….