1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
5 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1 (12oz) package of firm tofu
2 tbsp olive oil
1 jar of your favourite pasta sauce
4oz shredded mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, 1 tsp oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices and place in bowl of eggs/milk mixture (should be a light yellow colour when mixed, or you can just use water if you want the vegan alternative). One at a time, press tofu slices into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one size. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
4. Coat a baking dish with your favourite pasta sauce. Arrange tofu slices in dish, spoon more pasta sauce over tofu, top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
5. Bake at 400F for 20 mins.
I know what you’re thinking. TOFU?! Don’t judge it till you try it. Haven’t had any carnivore friends turn this dish down yet. Even convinced my dad it was chicken. HA!
Can’t remember where I acquired this recipe…but I do thank whoever I got it from. I love it!