12 small mushrooms
2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 red and yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 whole garlic bulb, broken into individual cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 14oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Put mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onion and garlic bulbs in a large roasting pan.
2. Sprinkle with salt evenly over vegetables and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat.
3. Roast in the oven for approx. 30 mins (veggies may start to blacken)
4. Turn veggies and sprinkle with thyme, add chickpeas.
5. Return to oven and roast for another 20 minutes until veggies start to blacken again.
You may notice that some of the ingredients listed are not in my attached photo. That’s because I ran out of them…BUT the best part about this recipes, is you can use up whatever you have in your fridge and it will still be delicious.
Found this recipe from the book “The vegetarian student cookbook” by Ryland Peters & Small