- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup uncooked millet*
- 1 1/4 cups chopped mixed nuts or seeds**
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or similar dried fruit
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Millet is a random grain (super cheap) that you can find easily at Bulk Barn
**I used chopped peanuts, chopped walnuts, ground flax seed, chia seeds
- Heat your oven to 350F. Grab a 9×13 inch baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-low heat and add the oats, quinoa, and millet. Stir them around until they start to smell toasted (approx. 3 mins). While that is happening, combine the nuts and cranberries in a large bowl. Pour in the toasted oat mix and the salt and mix together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup, nut butter, oil, sugar and vanilla and warm until everything is melted. Make sure that the nut butter is all mixed and then remove from the heat. Pour this all over the dry mix and stir until everything is coated.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press it down with a spoon to even it out. Bake in the oven until it looks toasted (approx. 25-30 mins). Let it cool to room temperature in the pan then place it in the fridge. When it’s cold, cut into bars. Keep in the fridge.
I can’t say enough amazing things about this recipe. It’s DELICIOUS. And nutritious. Let’s be serious, you all don’t get enough nuts/seeds in your diet. This helps. Enjoy.
Big thanks to the recipe book “Thug Kitchen”. If you’re looking for a new cook book, this is my recommendation. AMAZING, and hilarious.