- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15.50z) black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed and halved
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (or whatever cheese you have)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet in the oven for a few minutes to warm up. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook, stirring often, until browned. (approx. 7 mins). Add garlic and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Add black beans and stir to combine. Cook until beans are warmed through (approach. 2 mins) Remove from heat.
- Arrange 5 tortilla halves in a 2-quart baking dish. Top with half the bean mixture and 1/2 cup salsa, sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortillas halves, bean mixtures, salsa and cheese. Top off with last layer of just tortillas, salsa, cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until centre is hot and cheese melts (approx. 10 mins). Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbling. (approx. 5 mins).
Found this gem at: