- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- Heat oil and melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until tender.
- Mix the carrots and squash into the pot. Pour in vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender. (Approx. 20 mins)
- Puree food mixture in food processor until smooth. Return to pot and stir in half and half cream. Heat through but do not boil. Serve warm with a dash of nutmeg.
**This recipe is absolutely delicious and super easy to make as long as you buy the pre-cut butternut squash from the store!!! Save yourself a ridiculous amount of prep time.
Found this recipe at: