- 1 3/4 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, trimmed and chopped (approx. 6 cups)
- 1 14oz can of white kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add broccoli, cover and continue cooking until tender (approx. 8 mins). Stir in beans, salt and pepper and continue cooking until the beans are heated through. (Approx. 1 min)
- Transfer half of the mixture into a blender/food processor with half the cheese and puree.
- Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining broccoli mixture and cheese. Serve warm.
Found this recipe at: http://www.eatingwell.com